APHA Affiliate Online Community Rules & Etiquette
Thanks for being part of the APHA Affiliate Online Community. This community is intended to facilitate communication among APHA Affiliate staff and leadership. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, participate in an ongoing conversation and share resources. To ensure the best possible experience for all users, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using the APHA Affiliate Online Community, you agree that you have read and will follow the rules and guidelines set for the community. Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines.
In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, APHA reserves the right to suspend or terminate participation for members who violate these rules. Questions about the APHA Affiliate Online Community should be directed to our Affiliate Affairs department.
The APHA Affiliate Online Community is intended solely for Affiliate staff members and immediate leadership. APHA opted not to restrict access through an email database. Instead, APHA will rely on an honor system. Participants agree to not share the URL beyond current staff and leadership. APHA reserves the right to terminate accounts of those who are not in compliance with this guideline. APHA reserves the right to privatize the site and restrict access through a database for any reason.
- Don’t share access to this site outside of your Affiliate staff or leadership.
- Agree to reserve discussions and resources for topics best suited to the medium.
- Don't challenge or attack others. The discussions on the forums are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Don't post commercial messages in any Forum or Resource Library. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted to the list.
- Remember that APHA and other participants have the right to reproduce postings to any Forum or Resource Library.
- Send your message only to the most appropriate Forum(s). Do not spam several forums with the same message. The same applies to documents you upload to the Resource Libraries.
- All messages and resources must add value to the body of knowledge. APHA reserves the right to reject any message for any reason.
- Link only for affiliate leaders. Once your employment or leadership role within the affiliate has ended, APHA reserves the right to terminate your account.
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, title, affiliation, and location.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your message in the subject line, or of your resource in the title and description fields. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information from which everyone can benefit.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list, through the Forums. Instead, use the Web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing e-mail addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new e-mail address. Simply change your settings.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message."
The Legal Stuff
The APHA Affiliate Online Community is provided as a service of APHA. APHA is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. APHA disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by APHA or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall APHA be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants APHA and users of the community the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
APHA does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of APHA, APHA will take all appropriate action.
APHA reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.